Monday, July 25, 2011

Custom Sugar Scrubs

CUSTOM SUGAR SCRUB RECIPES
You should already have all or most of these ingredients at home. I didn't want to make the scrub recipes too complicated. I also didn't want to have to go out or online and buy ingredients that I was only going to use a little bit of. I hope you like what I came up with. Enjoy!

SWEET SUGAR SCRUB
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup olive or canola oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

CHOCOLATE SUGAR SCRUB
1 cup brown sugar
3 tbsps cocoa powder
1/2 cup olive or canola oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

BABY KISS SUGAR SCRUB
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup baby oil
2 tbsp honey
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

ALMOND DREAM SUGAR SCRUB
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup olive or canola oil
1/2 tsp almond extract

MINTY MAGIC SUGAR SCRUB
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup olive or canola oil
1/2 tsp mint extract

List of other ingredients that you could use and mix in:
Vitamin E Oil
Aloe Vera Gel
Body Spray or Perfume
Lotion
Essential Oils
Lemon Zest


Here's the one I made:
Lavendar Coconut Love Sugar Scrub
1 cup organic brown sugar
1 cup organic white sugar
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp coconut extract
5 drops of Lavendar Essential Oil
(I got some free samples of doTerra essential oils from a friend)

How to decorate your Sugar Scrub jar:
Use a clean empty spaghetti sauce jar, scrap paper, mod podge, acrylic paint, puff paint, a crystal sticker, and ribbon.

Measure the paper and cut it out to fit around the jar.

Paint the jar where the paper will lay with the Mod Podge.
You can do it this way or paint the actual paper to stick onto the jar.

Place the paper around the jar onto the Mod Podged area.
Press it down hard so it sticks, especially along the edges and ends of the paper.

If you have a second layer of paper, do the same as you did above.

After paper is glued to the jar, paint on top of it with the Mod Podge.
Make sure to paint a little extra on the edges of the paper onto the glass jar.

Paint the top circle of the jar lid, if desired.

Wait till the paint is dry and dot the puff paint around the edge of the lid.

Once everything is dry, then tie a bow around with the ribbon and heat seal the edges.
Then pour the ingredients for the sugar scrub into the jar.


I used the sugar scrub that I made on my hands and they felt so soft when I rinsed them off! I am so excited to create more of these sugar scrubs for friends and family! Everyone needs a little trip to the spa, even if it's in their own bathroom. hehe

22 comments:

Beth Adams said...

Love the easy recipes! Gonna use them for sure. Following your blog now. I would love for you to show this off at my Wickedly Crafty Saturdays! Link is open until 11pm tonight.
http://wiccanmakesometoo.blogspot.com/2011/07/wickedly-crafty-saturdays-are-back_23.html

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

Makes for a really cute gift. Thanks for joining my newbie party. I am not seeing my link or button though, please add:)

Britli said...

What a fun idea! Thanks for sharing the recipe! Just found you blog and love it. Will definatly be coming back often. :)

Britli
bits-of-this-and-that.blogspot.com

Heavenly Savings said...

Cute Blog! I loved it so much I decided to follow! Happy Monday!! I would love for you to stop by and check out my blog as well! If you like it you can follow back! Thanks! Hope to blog with you again soon!

http://heavenlysavings.net

Kristine @ JandMs Eye Candy said...

YUM!! I've been meaning to try scrubs and have tons bookmarked but love your versions!! Thanks for sharing and linking up to “Strut Your Stuff Sunday” on our blog!! We appreciate it! Looking forward to trying these :)

Kristine
www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

What an adorable DIY project! Thank you so much for sharing.

Happy Monday!

Good Girl Gone Green said...

Thanks for the recipes! I am definitely going to try the scrubs!!! Have a great day!

Kristine @ JandMs Eye Candy said...

Loved it so much we are featuring it this Friday on our blog :) Feel free to grab a button!! You rock!

Thanks again!
Kristine
www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

angelabvilla said...

This is such a great idea for a gift. Oooooo...just think of all the yummy doTERRA oils I could make scrubs with. Lemon, peppermint, cinnamon, wild orange, citrus bliss oh my gosh joi...I am making this tomorrow! So excited. Grab all the different oils here. Www.mydoterra.com/angelavilla

Karen @ Goodbyecityhellosuburb said...

I make my own scrub- I am going to try ur sugar scrub! Thanks for posting last week to WorkShop Wednesday!

PⒿ @ $ € € ₦$ ₣®0₥... said...

I make my own scrub too....but it's just for me, so it's not at all fancy. I just mix sugar with a bit of olive oil.

Yours are prettier and would have such a lovely scent!

LrSchwtz said...

What a nice and frugal gift idea! Thanks for all of the recipes. Please stop by www.laughloveandcraft.com and link up to my Share the Wealth Wednesday Link Party! I'm your newest follower!

Tracy @ CraftJunkieToo.com said...

I'm so happy I found your blog through Kara's linky party today. :) I love it!
I'd like to invite you to share your creations sometime at my weekly linking party as well. I am really trying to grow my party to include lots of creative projects just like this one. Thanks for the consideration and here is the direct link if you'd like to check it out :). ~ Tracy
T.G.I.F. Linky Party

Rainbow Bekah said...

I love love LOVE that you have so many different options for sugar scrubs!! Thanks for sharing your rad ideas!

Cori Ann said...

This is a great teacher gift idea. I'm also thinking what a great inexpensive Christmas gift idea. I'm imagining an assembly line in my kitchen of jars, sugar, oils. I will be doing this soon! Thanks for the great idea.

June Scott said...

Such a great gift idea! and I am relatively new to "modge podge" and had not heard of "heat sealing" the edge. Thanks for a great tutorial, Joi!

Lizzy said...

These sugar scrub ideas are awesome! I browsed around on your blog and love it--I'm adding you to my GF blog roll! Found you on Design Dazzle

Katie said...

Oh my! I love these recipes. I've been wanting to make my own sugar scrubs for a while. I'm pinning these to my pinterest board! Thank you for linking up at Sew Woodsy last week. Hope you'll join us again tomorrow!

Ginger@gingersnapcrafts said...

Featuring YOU over on my blog today. Love this. Come by & grab a button. :)

Ginger

Michelle said...

Thanks so much for linking up to Delicately Constructed Fridays!! I liked this so much I featured it this evening!! Come by and check it out!
Have a great Friday, hope to see you tomorrow for this weeks party!
Michelle
www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

A Pretty Life in the Suburbs said...

Great scrubs! I love all the ingredients you used!
Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Jo-Anna

mary jiel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs